Assessing Innovation Capabilities
There are many ways to assess internal capabilities and skills, such as internal interviews and reviews, bringing in management consultants. At Brave Business, we use a data-driven method and tool called InnoSurvey® to assess companies’ innovation capabilities, developed by Innovation 360.
What do you get?
- The result of the InnoSurvey® is a comprehensive footprint giving a clear view of your strengths and weaknesses
- Alignments between strategy, leadership, culture, and capabilities are explored and highlighted
- Your footprint can be benchmarked against the InnoSurvey® database, which comprises more than 6,000 companies from 105 countries
The time from finalized survey to reporting is short. giving you a fast way to define a tangible evidence-based action plan to close gaps and increase innovation capabilities within your organization. Being data-driven, a re-assessment 9-12 months later helps you to track progress, measure ROI and refine KPIs.
Management, employees and even external (partners or customers) answer an online survey, and the tool consolidates the results to give a picture of how the organization scores on 16 innovation dimensions
We then analyse the results and benchmark against other similar sized companies in your industry to understand your strengths and weaknesses. After 2 workshops to understand your business better, we can finally provide recommendations for how your company can innovate better, including operational KPIs and evidence-based actions, around culture, capabilities, organisation, process and projects.
For who is this helpful?
- For companies that want to innovate and stretch beyond business-as-usual but are unsure about resources and processes
- For large corporations with complex organisations and smaller companies that need to act faster
Why do you need it?
- To bridge the gap between your long-term ambitions or your new strategy and the day-to-day commercial actions
- The world has never changed this fast before and it won’t slow down soon
- Your company needs to be able to adapt, evolve and transform and you need a structured way of doing it
Why with Brave Business?
- All our consultants are licensed practitioners in the Innovation360® methodology, using InnoSurvey®
- Experienced innovation consultants with agile start-ups, slow medium sized companies and complex international corporations
- Worked hands-on with innovation management in large corporations and understand the commercial and organizational challenges
After assessing your innovation capabilities, you would normally
- build or adjust your innovation management system, adapted to your organisation’s strengths and weaknesses
- Define the portfolio of innovation projects connected to future challenges and opportunities, delivering on your company’s purpose
- Internal training and leadership coaching might be needed
- One way to get senior management on board to new ways of working is to demonstrate rapid results of agile methods such as design sprints