You need the culture, organization and processes in place to succeed
Without a structured process, it’s very difficult to generate relevant ideas, select the best ones at the right time and develop them into products, services or new businesses you are ready to launch. It’s also difficult to adapt. That is what we call an Innovation Management System (IMS). It will be unique to your organization based on your ambitions, current capabilities and industry and we can help you build yours.
We start with a general framework (for medium to large organisations, we tend to use the Innovation 360 IMS framework) and adapt it your business. We make the system as simple as possible and as complex as necessary for your organization.
To ensure a quick and smooth implementation, a “hand-held” approach is often necessary, with coaching, practical cases and regular follow-up.
What do you get?
- A turn-key solution for your innovation management, and a vital system for taking ideas through the right prioritizations to become commercial products
- A governance model with an innovation board and innovation task force with clear roles and responsibilities
- A clear and structured way of working with different projects, for example exploring and prototyping new ideas bringing longterm value vs building business cases for concrete projects bringing short-term value.
For who is this helpful?
- For ambitious companies that are tired of just delivering line extensions
- For companies that need to find and test ground-breaking ideas to transform their business
- For large and midsized companies where many ideas are popping up all around the organization, without anyone catching them.
Why do you need it?
- Because line extensions will not build a great and resilient company
- A structured process will speed up product development and time to market and reduce wasted time in unproductive meetings
- The world has never changed this fast before and it won’t slow down soon
- Your company needs to be able to adapt, evolve and transform and you need a structured way of doing it
- Too many companies are “playing at innovation” running Design Sprints, labs or Hackathons without a system to take the learnings into the business
Why with Brave Business?
- Extensive experience with innovation management and product development within companies, such as setting up stage and gate NPD processes, transforming production or enabling R&D to test new ideas in rapid prototypes.
- All our consultants are trained in the latest methodologies and licensed practitioners with Innovation 360
- As consultants, we have enabled companies to manage their innovation projects at different horizons, always speeding up time to market of new launches, reducing time in meetings and generating more and better ideas for future business.
After building your IMS, you should be ready to
- Define the portfolio of innovation projects connected to future challenges and opportunities, delivering on your company’s purpose
- Internal training and leadership coaching might be needed
- One way to get senior management on board to new ways of working is to demonstrate rapid results of agile methods such as design sprints