Prioritize you strategic projects and build an innovation portfolio
Many companies have lots of strategic initiatives and sustainability projects, but most lack structure and prioritisation. Some projects are needed to remain competitive, and some have the potential to transform your business. In a one-day workshop, we help you to map out all your projects using a structured framework. We then assess your map versus competition and external benchmarks and identify the projects that will make the biggest impact. After the workshop, you will have a portfolio of innovation projects including prioritisation and resources, aligning you company on what to be done and when.
What do you get?
- A concrete list of projects and initiatives that will help you to deliver on your company purpose
- An aligned organization, with focus and clarity.
- A clear picture of prioritised projects, guiding management where to put the resources, focus and efforts.
How does it work?
- First, we gather insights to understand the market and your customer needs. The amount of work here depends on previous projects (eg if a mapping is already done in finding you Purpose project).
- During an interactive workshop, we map all your initiatives in our Purpose Pyramid. Which projects are Compliance? Which projects are Lead? The second part of the day is spent comparing competitor activity and market trends. Finally, we identify gaps and opportunities or ‘blue oceans’ for your company to lead in.
- The output from the workshop is an initial Innovation Portfolio with a time plan, and business rationale. The Innovation Portfolio is then anchored with management, and projects are set up to come to deliver on the plan.
For who is this helpful?
- For companies that are busy without being productive and that need to prioritise projects.
- For large companies with a widespread organization, that need to gather all the initiatives in one list/portfolio to align the business
- For small/midsized company that just need to use their resources more efficiently
Why do you need it?
- To make sure initiatives and projects are always delivering value and that you are aligning resources efficiently
- The market and competitors are changing all the time, which means you are not working a in a vacuum. Your critically important internal projects need to go beyond playing the rules of the market and competing. You need to be identifying and working today on the initiatives that will transform your business (or even industry) tomorrow.
Why with Brave Business?
- This is one of our most popular projects – having a an external partner facilitate brings objectivity and enables you to kill your darlings
- Our consultants are used to running this type of intensive high-level workshop and get value out of it within only one day
When building your Innovation Portfolio, it is good (but not necessary) to already have
- Defined your company’s purpose, so it is clear what the Innovation Portfolio should deliver on
- An innovation management system in place, so that the prioritized projects in the portfolio quick and structured can be handled by the system
After having you Innovation Portfolio in place, it could be good to test and learn from one of the initiatives through a Design Sprint